Here is a list of some of the things the Essential Oils can be used for.
1. For good smelling towels, sheets, clothes, etc. place a few drops of your favorite essential oil onto a small piece of terry cloth and toss into the clothes dryer while drying. Add 5 drops essential oil to 1/4 cup fabric softener or water and place in the center cup of the washer.
2. Potpourri which has lost its scent can be revived by adding a few drops of essential oil.
3. Add a few drops of essential oil to water in a spray bottle and use as an air freshener.
4. Add a few drops essential oil to a pan of water and simmer on stove or in a potpourri pot.
5. To enjoy a scented candle, place a drop or two of essential oil into the hot melted wax as the candle bums.
6. To dispel household cooking odors, add a few drops of your favorite oil to a simmering pan.
7. For tired aching muscles or arthritis aches, mix 1 part Deep Blue oil to 4 parts Fractionated Coconut Oil and use as massage oil.
8. Ease headache pain by rubbing a drop of Rosemary or Lavender oil onto the back of your neck.
9. To blend your own massage oil, add 3-5 drops of your favorite essential oil to 1 oz. Fractionated Coconut oil.
10. Add 10 drops of essential oil to a box of cornstarch or baking soda, mix very well, let set for a day or two and then sprinkle over the carpets on your home. Let set for an hour or more, and then vacuum.
11. To make a natural flea collar, saturate a short piece of cord or soft rope with Melaleuca oil, roll up in a handkerchief and tie loosely around the animal’s neck.
12. Shoes can be freshened by either dropping a few drops of Geranium essential oil directly into the shoes or by placing a cotton ball dabbed with a few drops of Lemon oil into the shoes. Athlete’s foot? Melaleuca is great!
13. Put a few drops of your favorite essential oil on a cotton ball and place it in your vacuum cleaner bag. Lemon and Purify are nice. Geranium helps with pet odors.
14. To fragrance your kitchen cabinets and drawers, place a good scent dabbed on a cotton ball into an inconspicuous comer.
15. Are mice a problem? Place several drops of Peppermint oil on a cotton ball and place at problem locations.
16. The bathroom is easily scented by placing oil-scented cotton balls in inconspicuous places, or sprinkle oils directly onto silk or dried flower arrangements or wreaths.
17. Apply true Lavender oil or Melaleuca oil directly to cuts, scrapes or scratches. 1 or 2 drops will promote healing.
18. Homemade soaps are pleasant and offer therapeutic effects when scented with essential oils.
19. Homemade sachets are more fragrant when essential oils are blended with the flowers and herbs.
20. An essential oil dropped onto a radiator scent ring or light bulb will not only fill the room with a wonderful fragrance, but will also set a mood such as calming or uplifting (don’t put essential oil in the socket).
21. A few drops of your favorite oil or blend in the rinse water of your hand washables makes for pleasant results.
22. Melaleuca oil has been used by fishermen for years. Use a drop or two on the fingertips before baiting up. Melaleuca covers up the human scent that scares the fish away.
23. To lower fevers, simply rub Peppermint essential oil on the feet, neck, and forehead rather than use a product that is unpleasant or create side effects.
24. To dispel mosquitoes and other picnic pests, drop a few drops of Terra Shield on the melted wax of a candle or place a few drops on the Bar-B-Q hot coals.
25. 1 drop of Lemon essential oil applied directly to a wart is an effective means of elimination. Apply the essential oil daily until the wart is gone.
26. Rosemary promotes alertness and stimulates memory. Inhale occasionally during long car trips and while reading or studying.
27. Selling your home? Fragrance sells! Fill the kitchen area with the aroma of spices such as Clove, Lavender and Elevation by simmering them on the stove or in your diffuser. Geranium oil sprinkled throughout the home creates a warm, cheerful and inviting mood. Add Cinnamon oil to furniture polish and wipe down the wood.
28. Add essential oils to paper mache. The result is the creation of a lovely aromatic piece of art.
29. Infuse bookmarks and stationery with essential oils. Place drops of oil on paper and put them in a plastic bag. Seal it and leave overnight to infuse the aroma. Send only good news in perfumed letters.
30. Make pillows, padded and decorative hangers make more memorable gifts simply by putting a couple of drops of essential oil on them before giving.
31. Overindulge last night? Essential oils of Lavender, Rosemary and Lemon help soften the effects of a hangover. Make your own blend of these oils and use a total of 6-8 drops in a bath.
32. Essential oils of Cypress, Frankincense and Myrrh all make wonderful firewood oil. Drop approximately 2-3 drops of oil or blend of your choice on a dried log and allow time for the oil to soak in before putting the log on the fire.
33. Flies and moths dislike Lavender oil. Sprinkle it on the outside of your window frames.
34. Place 1 or 2 drops of sleep enhanced oils such as Lavender on your pillow before retiring for restful sleep.
35. When moving into a new home, first use a water spray containing your favorite essential oils and change the odorous environment to your own. Do this for several days until it begins to feel like your space.
36. Ideal scents for the bedroom are Geranium, Lavender or Lemon.
37. One drop of Lemon essential oil on a soft cloth will polish copper with a gentle buffing.
38. When washing out the fridge, freezer or oven, add 1 drop of Lemon or Wild Orange essential oil to the final rinse water.
39. For burns or scalds, drop Lemon or Melaleuca oil directly on the effected area.
40. Place 1 drop of Peppermint oil in 1/2 glass of water, sip slowly to aid digestion and relieve upset stomach.
41. Use 1 drop of Melaleuca or On Guard oil on a washcloth wrapped ice cube to relieve teething pain in children.
42. Six to eight drops of Eucalyptus oil in the bath cools the body in summer and protects in winter.
43. Add 1 drop Geranium oil to your facial moisturizer to bring out a radiant glow in your skin.
44. Place 1 or 2 drops of Rosemary on your hair brush before brushing to promote growth and thickness.
45. When the flu is going around add a few drops of Thyme to your diffuser or simmer in a pan on the stove.
46. To bring fever down, sponge the body with cool water to which 1 drop each of Eucalyptus, Peppermint and Lavender oils have been added.
47. The blend of Lavender and Lemon oil is good for the office. Lavender creates a calm tranquil atmosphere while Lemon stimulates the senses and clears up stale air.
48. A blend of Geranium, Lavender and Wild Orange alleviates anxiety and depression. Use in a room diffuser or 6-8 drops of this blend in the bath.
49. A wonderful massage blend for babies is 1 drop Wild Orange, 1 drop Lavender, and 1 drop Geranium diluted in 2 Tablespoons Fractionated Coconut oil.
50. 1 drop Peppermint oil diluted in in 1 teaspoon Fractionated Coconut oil rubbed on the back of the neck helps to relieve headaches.